||Haiyun Song Ph.D., Professor
|Laboratory of metabolic signaling pathways
E-mail: hysong@@sibs.ac.cn (delete one @ to send email)
Education Background & Academic Experience:
Dr. Haiyun Song received his Bachelor and Master degrees from Nanjing University in 1996 and 1999, respectively. In 2005, he received his Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Between 2005 and 2010, Dr. Song worked as a post-doc in Konrad Basler¨s lab at University of Zurich. Dr. Song joined the Key Laboratory of Systems Biology, SIBS, CAS as a Principal Investigator in 2010 and moved to Institute for Nutritional Sciences, SIBS, CAS in 2013.
1. Mechanisms that regulate Drosophila fat metabolism. Drosophila and vertebrates share highly conserved signaling pathways (e.g. Hh, Insulin, AMPK, etc) in controlling basic metabolic functions. Combining genetic screens, microarrays and metabolomics, we are looking for novel regulators of Drosophila fat metabolism and mechanisms that are conserved in mammals.
2. Metabolic effects of nanomaterials in vivo. Nanomaterials have shown great potential in biological and biomedical applications due to their distinct physical and chemical properties. We are interested in metabolic effects of nanomaterials in vivo, and mechanisms under which they regulate metabolic signaling pathways, potential long-term effects on cellular anabolic or catabolic processes, and their implications in human health and metabolic disorders.
3. Mechanisms that control the transduction of the Wnt/Wg signal. The Wnt/Wg signaling pathway controls diverse processes such as growth, patterning, tissue and energy homeostasis, and maintenance of somatic stem cells. Misregulation of the Wnt pathway contributes to human diseases including cancer and metabolic disorders. We are interested in identifying and characterizing novel cytoplasmic or nuclear regulators of the Wnt/Wg pathway.
- Yi H#, Wang Z#, Li X#, Yin M, Wang L, Aldalbahi A, El-Sayed N, Wang H, Chen N*, Fan C*, Song H*. Silica nanoparticles target a Wnt signal transducer for degradation and impair embryonic development in Zebrafish. Theranostics. 2016 July 18; 6(11):1810-1820. doi:10.7150/thno.16127.
- Huang D, Li X, Sun L, Huang P, Ying H, Wang H, Wu J*, Song H*. Regulation of Hippo signaling by p38 signaling. J Mol Cell Biol. 2016 Jul 11. pii: mjw036. Epub ahead of print.
- Lv X, Pan C, Zhang Z, Xia Y, Chen H, Zhang S, Guo T, Han H, Song H, Zhang L, Zhao Y*. SUMO regulates somatic cyst stem cells maintenance and directly targets hedgehog pathway in adult Drosophila testis. Development. 2016 May 15;143(10):1655-1662.
- Li G, Liu L, Li P, Chen L*, Song H*, Zhang Y*. Gene expression profiling of selenophosphate synthetase 2 knockdown in Drosophila melanogaster. Metallomics. 2016 Mar 16; 8(3):354-65.
- Zhang Y, Wang Z, Li X, Wang L, Yin M, Wang L, Chen N*, Fan C*, Song H*. Dietary iron oxide nanoparticles delay aging and ameliorate neurodegeneration in Drosophila. Adv Mater. 2016 Feb 17; 28(7):1387-93.
- Liu L, Sun L, Zhong Z, Zhu J, Song H*. Effects of titanium dioxide nanoparticles on intestinal commensal bacterial. Nuc Sci Tech. 2016 Mar 2; 27(1):1-5.
- Li X, Yao W, Yuan Y, Chen P, Li B, Li J, Chu R, Song H, Xie D, Jiang X, Wang H*. Targeting of tumour-infiltrating macrophages via CCL2/CCR2 signalling as a therapeutic strategy against hepatocellular carcinoma. Gut. 2015 Oct 9. Epub ahead of print.
- Chu Y, Gomez Rosso L, Huang P, Wang Z, Xu Y, Yao X, Bao M, Yan J, Song H, Wang G*. Liver Med23 ablation improves glucose and lipid metabolism through modulating FOXO1 activity. Cell Res. 2014 Sep 16; 24:1250-65.
- Chen N, Wang H, Huang Q, Li J, Yan J, He D, Fan C*, Song H*. Long-Term Effects of Nanoparticles on Nutrition and Metabolism. Small. 2014; 10(18):3603-11.
- Feng Y, Li X, Ray L, Song H, Qu J, Lin S, Lin X*. The Drosophila tankyrase regulates Wg signaling depending on the concentration of Daxin. Cell Signal. 2014 Apr 25; 26(8):1717-24.
- Chen N, Li J, Song H, Chao J, Huang Q*, Fan C*. Physical and Biochemical Insights on DNA Structures in Artificial and Living Systems. Acc Chem Res. 2014, 47(6):1720-1730.
- Lin M, Wen Y, Li L, Pei H, Liu G, Song H, Zuo X, Fan C, Huang Q*. Target-responsive, DNA nanostructure-based E-DNA sensor for microRNA analysis. Anal Chem. 2014 Mar 4; 86(5):2285-8.
- Yin D#, Huang P#, Wu J*, Song H*. Drosophila protein phosphatase V regulates lipid homeostasis via the AMPK pathway. J Mol Cell Biol. 2014 Feb; 6(1):100-2.
- Zhong W, Lü M, Liu L, Sun J, Zhong Z, Zhao Y*, Song H*. Autophagy as new emerging cellular effect of nanomaterials. Sci Bull. 2013 Nov 25; 58(33):4031-8.
- Schertel C#, Huang D#, Björklund M, Bischof J, Yin D, Li R, Wu Y, Zeng R, Wu J, Taipale J, Song H*, Basler K*. Systematic Screening of a Drosophila ORF Library In Vivo Uncovers Wnt/Wg Pathway Components. Dev Cell. 2013 Apr 29; 25(2):207-19.
- Wen Y, Xu Y, Mao X, Wei Y, Song H*, Chen N, Huang Q, Fan C, Li D*. DNAzyme-Based Rolling-Circle Amplification DNA Machine for Ultrasensitive Analysis of MicroRNA in Drosophila Larva. Anal Chem. 2012 Sep 4; 84(18):7664-9.
- Wang B, Chen N, Wei Y, Li J, Sun L, Wu J, Huang Q, Liu C, Fan C*, Song H*. Akt signaling-associated metabolic effects of dietary gold nanoparticles in Drosophila. Sci Rep. 2012; 2:563. Epub 2012 Aug 7.
- Wei M, Chen N, Li J, Yin M, Liang L, He Y, Song H, Fan C*, Huang Q*. Polyvalent immunostimulatory nanoagents with self-assembled CpG oligonucleotide-conjugated gold nanoparticles. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2012 Jan 27; 51(5):1202-6.
- Song H, Goetze S, Bischof J, Spichiger-Haeusermann C, Kuster M, Brunner E, Basler K*. Coop functions as a corepressor of Pangolin and antagonizes Wingless signaling. Genes Dev. 2010 May; 24(9):881-6.
- Song H, Spichiger-Haeusermann C, Basler K*. The ISWI-containing NURF complex regulates the output of the canonical Wingless pathway. EMBO Rep. 2009 Oct; 10(10):1140-6.