||Chenghua Yang Ph.D., Professor
|Laboratory of Targeted Cancer therapy and translational medicine
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (delete one @ to send email)
Education Background & Academic Experience:
Dr. Yang received her Bachelor of Medicine degree in Clinical Medicine from Xiangya Medical School, Central South University in 2002, and her Ph.D degree in Biochemistry from Colorado State University in 2009. Between 2009 and 2012, she worked as a postdoctoral associate in the department of Biochemistry at Weill Cornell Medical College. Then she worked as a Research Scholar at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center from 2012 to 2014. In early 2014, Dr. Yang joined the Institute for Nutritional Science, Shanghai Institute of Biological Sciences, CAS as a professor and group leader.
Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide. Our group is interested in developing novel molecular diagnostic methods and targeted therapies for cancer, with emphasis on aggressive lymphoma and prostate cancer.
- Chenghua Yang*, Liron David, Qi Qiao, Ermelinda Damko and Hao Wu. The CBM signalosome: Potential therapeutic target for aggressive lymphoma. Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2013 Dec 24. pii: S1359-6101(13)00106-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cytogfr.2013.12.008. (*: corresponding author)
- Anna Rodina, Pallav D. Patel, Yanlong Kang, Yogita Patel, Imad Baaklini, Michael J.H. Wong, Tony Taldone, Pengrong Yan, Chenghua Yang, et al, and Gabriela Chiosis. Identification of an allosteric pocket on human hsp70 reveals a mode of inhibition of this therapeutically important protein. Chem Biol. 2013 Dec 19;20(12):1469-80.
- Qi Qiao*, Chenghua Yang*, Chao Zheng*, Lorena Fontan Gabas, et al, Ari M. Melnick and Hao Wu. Structural architecture of the CARMA1/Bcl10/MALT1 signalosome: nucleation induced filamentous assembly. Mol Cell. 2013 Sep 26;51(6):766-79. (*: co-first authors)
- Pallav D. Patel*, Pengrong Yan*, Paul M. Seidler*, HardikJ. Patel*, Weilin Sun, Chenghua Yang, et al, Gabriela Chiosis. Discovery of paralog specific Hsp90 inhibitors provides novel insights into tumor-specific regulation of an Hsp90 client protein. Nat Chem Biol. 2013 Nov;9(11):677-84.
- Lorena Fontan Gabas*, Chenghua Yang*, et al., Ari M. Melnick and Hao Wu. MALT1 small molecule inhibitors specifically suppress ABC-DLBCL in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Cell, 2012 December, Vol 22 (6), Pages 812-824. (*: co-first authors)
- Chenghua Yang, Mark van der Woerd, Uma M. Muthurajan, Jeffrey C. Hansen and Karolin Luger. Biophysical analysis and small-angle x-ray scattering-derived structures of MeCP2-nucleosome complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011 May; 39(10): 4122-4135.